Jody is a married father of three who has lived in Warwick for 15 years.
His background is in business, working with large local companies like Wolseley, where he spent over 10 years. He is currently a Parent Governor of both Emscote Infants and All Saints Junior Schools and a member of the Communities Committee group for the last 2 years.
An active member of the local community, he has worked with the Council, local MP, schools and businesses to ensure the safety and wellbeing of residents. Identifying the need for improvements around Emscote Infants and All Saints Junior Schools, he worked with Chris White, MP at the time, and the Council to have the speed limit on All Saints Road reduced to 20MPH and parking improvements made around Emscote School, as well as kerbs dropped, with tactile paving laid, to assist parents with pushchairs to safely cross the roads around the school area.
Recently, Jody worked to oppose the McDonalds development at the Tesco site on Emscote Road, and even though planning permission was eventually granted, significant amendments were made to the plans, including agreement that the restaurant would not be a 24-hour operation and funding would be provided for improvements to the junction on Emscote Road.
Jody aims to:
- Preserve the special character of Warwick
- Ensure development decisions are made with consideration of the local area and residents
- Tackle the growing problem of cars parking on grass verges and across pavements
- Promote the All Saints and Woodloes area, local businesses, and areas of interest
- Listen to and involve local people in local decisions
- Ensure communication and feedback on local issues