Martyn currently represents Aylesford Ward as a District Councillor.
He has lived with his wife and daughter in the Warwick area for 45 years.
Martyn is a retired former postal worker, has been a councillor since 1993 (including on the County Council), and was Town Mayor in 2007-2008.
He is active in his ward and notable successes include:
- Improvements to St Marys Lands, Racing Club Warwick and Warwick Corp of Drums.
- Improvements to the Tapping Way Open Space Area to celebrate 100 years of the RAF.
- The re-named Centenary Fields, which will be developed shortly.
- Securing of park benches and a circular walkway, which will be installed in the summer months, on the green open space in the centre of Chase Meadow.
- Increased parking capacity at the Playbox Theatre in order to improve footfall.
- Re-surfacing and improvements to West Rock Car Park.